Precision Movement is a new feature of FIFA 14 that recreates the dynamic movement of real-world players. Read here the full explanation.
FIFA 14 Precision Movement
Make every step count. Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real footballers.
Precision Movement is a new feature of FIFA 14 that recreates the dynamic movement of real-world players. Let’s see what it really is:
- EA have developed a new locomotion technology that affects how the players move on the pitch. They called it Precision Movement.
- This technology has been in development for two years.
- With precision Movement, player locomotion is made on a step by step basis and not in animation sequences used in previous FIFA versions.
- Now, every step counts as players pivot, plant, cut and shift momentum with true explosiveness and agility.
- Precision Movement enables players to accelerate and decelerate dynamically.
- Sprinting players will carry momentum and can now move in any direction but may need to take additional steps as they decelerate. They will not change directions almost instantaneously as it happened in FIFA 13.
- Everything is more realistic now. Every step a player takes results in realistic foot planting that takes into account their speed, momentum and the change of direction.
- Precision Movement acts as the foundation and works in harmony with Teammate Intelligence and Protect the Ball, resulting in a more realistic and organic build-up throughout each play.
Precision Movement seems to be something really important. It will remove the “floaty” or “skating” feel to player movement and will make the game even more realistic. It may have help too to stop the pace abusers, since it will be more difficult to decelerate.
EA Sports called Precision Movement as “the most immediate difference in FIFA 14”.
This article is based on EA Website.